Friday, October 30, 2015

JOY!

YAY!! Happy Friday everyone! Do you have plans for the Weekend? Did you leave time for crafting and de-stressing? I know I will be crafting. I'm  working on a few things for next week, so you'll have to be sure to check back in with me. I love seeing what everyone is making!

Today I want to share with you how I made this card. I wanted something elegant and classic and took some ideas from other things I have seen out there. I love all the red and white cards for some reason. That's what pulled me to this project..






  1. I started with red card stock 4" x 5 1/4". I used a embossing folder from the paper studio and ran it through my big shot.
  2. I then cut several  white pieces using the second to the smallest Sizzix Regal Label die.
  3. The letters were cut using my Cricut machine and the Jasmine program. I used a linen textured card stock for the lettering.
  4. After searching through my stash I found this pretty glitter ribbon I bought last year and decided it would be perfect. 
  5.  I placed the ribbon 1/3 across from the top of the red card stock and glued the ends behind it.
  6.  For the next step I adhered the embossed paper to a iridescent, or shimmery, white A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").
  7. The card needed some dimension so I used foam tape behind the white labels equally spaced along the ribbon.
  8. Adhering the letters was fun! It needed to sparkle so back to the stash..Hehehe...Don't you LOVE having a stash? I do! The little Jems just finished the card off. 




No comments:

Post a Comment