Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Bird and the Branch DT

Welcome Everyone. I'm so glad that you had time to stop by. Wow, the Holiday season and everything that comes with it is in full swing. Have you been busier than usual? This weekend seems to be busier for us. I've been in the craft room as much as I can so I can finish up on my Holiday cards for my Family and Friends. Are your cards finished? With Thanksgiving coming this week and the Black Friday shopping it will only get more and more festive around our house. I made a card today that Really speaks so self confidence and trust in your own instincts. Its something a lot of us need help with. Having confidence in yourself is never easy. We tend to worry about what others think and move our lives in a direction that makes others happy. This Holiday season I hope you all take time for yourself and trust your own instincts. Here is my card for today.


I will be posting this card in the:

Twisted Thursday Challenge http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-for-november-192-25-optional-twist 

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.de/2015/11/challenge-171-anything-goes-winners.html
  • The card is a 5" x 7" and I cut black card stock and adhered it to the front of the card.
  • I used a TCW 6 x 6 Stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads to make the sun, trees and grassy area. Once it was dry I cut it to 4 3/4" wide and then cut it in half so each piece was 2 1/2" long.
  • I glued two pieces on to the card front.
  • The water coloring is Own Wings by Unity Stamp Company Stamp. I used my Tim Holtz Distress Markers and a T-prime water brush to paint the bird.
  • After she dried I cut the water color paper down and adhered her to the middle of the card. Then I stamped the sentiment and water colored a light blue background around the bird. 
  • I added sequins and ribbon to finish off the card.

This card was fun to paint. I love water coloring. The Bird and her little scarf makes me chuckle. It gets pretty cold in Minnesota and the birds here need a hat and scarf most the winter. Please remember to leave me a comment below. I truly appreciate each and everyone. If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comment box below. I am happy to help in anyway possible. Have a blessed weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment