Sunday, November 15, 2015

Be Strong and Go With Your Heart

I was inspired by a case it canyoucaseit.com challenge when I made this card. I have been saving this sentiment stamp for something special. The colors for the CASE are yellow, brown and white. Well, this sentiment was perfect! The yellow and brown make a strong but soft statement. It fit SO well I found myself getting excited about doing the card. Here is the card.....



  1. I wanted the card itself to be simple and focus more on the sentiment so I took the same bunch of flowers I used on the Just a Note...Just Because....blog and I stamped them randomly around the card using Lawn Fawn's Sunflower Ink.
  2. Then I stamped the sentiment on white card stock using Warm Sand Powder Puff Ink. I used the Sizzix Label Die (3rd from the smallest) and ran it through the Big Shot.
  3. I took the next size up Die and brown card stock and ran that through the Big Shot as well.
  4. The sentiment tag is edged with Lawn Fawn Sunflower Ink.
  5. Then I used Mustard seed Distress ink on the front of the tag. Working it from the edges toward the center of the tag.
  6. After I finished the tag I used a brass heart shaped brad to adhere both tags to the card front.
  7. Once this was all put together I adhered it to the front of an A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") card.
  8. The card was a bit to plain so out came the little Jem's. These happen to be one of my favorite embellishments so you will see me use them often :)

I will use this card when one of my friends, or family members, are going through hard times and they need a little pick-me-up. A card is a great way to let them know that you are there if they need you. Besides, it just makes them feel better knowing that they aren't alone. As always, I love reading your comments so please remember to let me know what you think. I'm always here to answer any questions you might have. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment