Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Just A Note...Just Because....

I needed to make something cheery today..So I chose a bright yellow ink. I thought I would do a monochromatic yellow on yellow. Once I decided on the flowers I wanted to use I quickly became excited about doing it white +one instead. It's funny how your plans can take a different turn right in the middle of your project. Does this happen to you? I have this happen often and I usually just go with it. My cards tend turn out better if I let my instincts lead the way. Here is what I ended up with.


  • I used Lawn Fawn Sunflower yellow ink on the flower stamps. I can't remember were I got the flower set from....note to self...label the supplies as I get them.
  • I placed the flowers in a cluster on my block and then stamped them in a way that filled a 4" x 5 1/4" white card stock.
  • I used a Hero Arts Label and Die set to cut the sentiment tag out of yellow card stock.
  • Then I decided to use Lawn Fawns Wow white embossing powder for the sentiment. The sentiment is also from a Hero Arts Thinking of you sentiment set.
  • The card needed a little more sparkle so I used my white gel pen an drew some lines and dots on the petals. Then I added gems to the center of the flowers. 
  • Before I adhered this to the card I ran the Sunflower Yellow Ink around the edges and added a white ribbon under the sentiment.
I hope this brightened your day. It is a sunny and warm card. I hope it gives a happy feeling to the card. I always appreciate your comments and advice so please remember to visit the comment box below. Thank you for stopping by and checking out my tutorial today. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment