Friday, November 20, 2015

Silent Night DT

Welcome Everyone. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'm so glad your here with me today. When I came to my craft room and started my day it was starting to snow. It's just a little flurry but I started thinking about the Holiday's and I'm getting excited. It is so much fun experiencing the Holiday's through my Grandchildren's eyes. The little twinkle and excitement builds as we get closer to Christmas. One of our Family traditions is that I read "The Night Before Christmas" after we finish setting up the tree. My children are grown and still enjoy when I read this story. This is a tradition that we have continued on and I love reading this story to my Grandchildren. With all of this running through my mind I find myself making a card for my Grandson. He is 11 yrs old now and the bond we have is amazing. Here is my card for today. I hope you enjoy it as much as my Grandson will.


I will be using this card in the Addicted to Stamps and More "Anything Goes"  and for a DT entry challenge #171 http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.de/

  • I started this card by embossing 50 lb white card stock with a Darice Night Before Christmas embossing folder. I cut the piece down to 3 3/4" square
  • I then cut the striped paper to 5" x 7".  I centered the embossed square on the back of the striped paper where I wanted my window. I traced the embossed square on the back of the striped paper and used my paper cutter to cut the window 1/4" smaller all the way around.
  • Next I cut the acetate to 3 3/4" square and glued it to the back of the striped paper. This makes the shaker window.
  • After I glued my acetate to the back of the striped paper I rubbed my powder tool on the acetate. This helps keep the sequins from sticking to the shaker window when the card is finished.
  • I cut fun foam to cover the back of the striped paper. I used two pieces of foam so I have enough room for the shaker window.
  • I glued the two pieces of foam together and then I adhered the foam to the back of the striped paper.
  • Its time to add the sequins. I chose to use red and gold and placed them on top of the acetate.
  • Then I glued the embossed square over the opening in the back and adhered the entire piece to a 5" x 7" card. This is the best part because now I turned the card over and got to see how my shaker is looking.
  • I had a chip board piece that said "Silent Night" and I adhered this under the window. I added the pine cones to the top corners of the window.
  • For the sentiment I used a Recollections stamp. I used my embossing medium and Recollections Ruby Tinsel embossing powder on white card stock. The Tinsel Powder is fun to watch melt when you heat it up.
  • I used a Sizzix Regal Label Die to cut the sentiment out and adhered it to the front of the card with foam dots.
I'm so excited to send this to my Grandson. He will be thrilled with it. The Grandchildren enjoy the shaker items and I'm sure that he will enjoy that part of the card. As always I love to here your thoughts and idea's so please make sure to leave your comments or questions in the comment box below. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I hope you have a Fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment