Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Simple and quick Holiday card

Hey Hey Hey Everyone!! How's it going? I hope that your all having a great  Autumn day! We actually had the sun out for a little bit today and that always puts me a happy creative mood.  My dog, Daisy, has been goofy all day. She won't leave my side and I find myself stumbling over her as I move around my craft room. She gets like this sometimes when I'm not doing well. Dogs are so intuitive aren't they? I don't know what I would do without her! Do you have a favorite pet? Please post a picture in the comments I would love to see them!  Here is a picture of my baby. Isn't she adorable?!


I kept the card for today simple but very pretty. This is a Christmas card that I have had in my head for a while. I'm so happy it turned out so pretty. Never mind my messy desk in the background. I will be working on a better place to take my photo's this week.




  1. I started with an A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") I cut a piece of red card stock from my stash the same size and glued it to the card.
  2. The snow flake card stock is Winter Wonderland from My Minds EYE. I cut that 4" x 5 1/4" and glued that in the center of the card.
  3. Then I used my medium from Ranger and the Merry Christmas stamp from a Hero Arts set #CL498. I sprinkled a red tinsel embossing powder over the sentiment and heat set it.
  4. The card just seemed like it needed something more, so I took one of the snowflake dies, from Simon Says Stamps Snow Flake Die set, and cut a snow flake out of a piece of white card stock covered in red tinsel embossing. 
  5. It was glued onto the sentiment tag using my favorite glue. The glue is from Lake City Craft Company and it works great for all different crafts.
  6.  The sentiment tag still needed something to tie it all together. So I cut a piece of the red card stock 1/4" larger then the white tag. The white tag was adhered to the red piece.
  7. Foam Dots were used to adhere the tag onto the lower right corner of the card. By doing this the card has a little dimension and it makes it more interesting.
So that's the finished card. I hope you like it. Please keep checking back and I would really appreciate it if you could leave a comment below telling me what you think. I value your Opinions so much and I'm excited to learn from all of you! Thank you for stopping by and Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment