Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Water Painting on a Rainy Day


Hello Everyone! I'm so glad that you stopped by. I hope your week is going well. It's raining for the 2nd day here and 52 degrees. It's so weird to have this kind of weather in Minnesota this late in November. I've been watching Netflix and working in my craft room and moving a little slower than usual. I took sometime to check You Tube and watched a couple video's of my favorite card makers early this morning. One of them is Kristina Werner. I think she shows fantastic technique's and her tutorial's are very easy to follow. Kristina did a water color technique that just caught my eye. The colors were so pretty together. I decided that this was going to be the technique I was going to do on today's card.



  1. I took my water color paper cut to 5" x 6" and taped it down to one of my mats. 
  2. I don't have water color paints so I had to use my Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
  3. I started by wetting my paper with plain water and then blotted some Picked Raspberries Ink, Spun Sugar Ink, Muster seed and Squeezed Lemonade Ink onto my mat.
  4. Starting with the Picked Raspberries and a wet brush I spread it across the top of the paper.
  5. Then I added the Spun Sugar going approximately 1/2 way down the paper and blending the line between the two colors.
  6. Now I could add the Mustard Seed and blending it slightly with the pink working down to 3/4 of the paper.
  7. Finally adding the lemonade and blending the line between the two yellows.
  8. After it was done drying I pulled the tape up and trimmed the white off all 4 sides. The finished size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
  9. I picked out an embossing folder of flowers and ran it through my Big Shot.
  10. I found a nice light orange piece of card stock and cut it with my Banner Die Set and the Big Shot. 
  11. I chose my sentiment from a Stampendous Happy Messages clear stamp set and used black ink to stamp it on the orange banner.
  12. Then I found a blue ribbon that matched and tied it around the watercolor piece before adhering it to the front of my A2 size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").
  13. Next I attached the banner with foam tape to the front of the card and embellished the center of the flowers with various sized pearls.
This card is so pretty and super easy to do. I'm really glad I saw Kristina's video! Here is the link to the video if you would like to check it out https://youtube.com/user/starofmay?feature=hovercard My Sister-in-law has a Birthday in a few weeks and I think she will love love this card! That's the tutorial for today. I hope that you stop by and visit again soon. Feel free to subscribe through email or follow my blog. You find the links up on the right hand side of the screen. I love reading all of your comments and questions so remember to visit the comment section below before you leave. I'm entering this card in the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge, too! Thanks again Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment