Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Only Have Ears For You

So, I decided that I would just make a card for no reason other than, I had this cute stamp and I wanted to use it. It's funny how you start out without a plan to enter your card in challenges and then suddenly you come across something in your email, blogs you follow, or other DT members posts. Before you know it you have a list of challenges you want to make the card for. This is what happened to me this morning. I have to laugh because I used to make cards for challenges but with all the Design Team cards I make now a days I don't get a chance to do that very often. I will list the challenges that I will be entering this card in at the bottom of my blog. It would be awesome if you can enter the same challenges with something your making, too! I love seeing everything that you all make! I think I will be mailing this card to my Granddaughter Layla. She is 4 years old and just loves getting cards from Nana and all the pretty sparkles will put her over the top happy.

Here is my card:
  • I used a 6" x 6" card size for this project. I cut the first layer 6 x 6, the second layer 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", and the third layer 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". I used the Memory Box Stitched Circle Die set to cut the 2 circles.
  • The stamp set is "Mice of You" from Unity Stamp Company. I only used one of the images in the set and two of the sentiments.
  • I stamped the image and sentiments with black archival ink so that it would hold up to the distress inks I painted with and rubbed onto the backgrounds with.
  • I then added a paper doily behind the mouse and adhered it to the front of the card.
  • I adhered the sentiment circle and added some foam glittered hearts for dimension.
  • The blue glitter ribbon is from my stock. I bought it at the Dollar store last year and this was the first time I have been able to use it, It just seemed perfect for this card.
The card went together rather quickly and was a fun project to do. I hope you feel inspired to make something for some of the challenges I am listing below. See you there :)

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
(I'm on the DT at the Outlawz so this will just be for fun and not part of the challenge)


No comments:

Post a Comment