Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Wood You be mine?

Hello Everyone, I'm so happy you have stopped by today. I'm not sure how you feel about winter and all the cold weather we have been having but as for myself? I'm ready for the February warm up that we usually get here in Minnesota. It was -12 when I got up this morning again Bbbrrrrrr and I didn't even mention the windchill. It has been like this for 2 weeks now and the cold just whistles its way right into the core of your bones. I have a space heater in my craft room and its aimed at my feet....LOL Today's card is of warmer weather, green grass and blue skies. I bought the image from Whimsy Stamps and the name of the set is "Wood You Be Mine."

Here's the card:





  • I started by stamping my image on 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" water coloring paper with Black Archival Ink.
  • I started out the sky by making a scalloped edge and then sponged, TH Stormy Sky, Broken China and Salty Ocean randomly around the paper to form clouds.
  • After I was done with the sky I painted the grass with TH Mowed Lawn and placed the shadow behind her and off to her left.
  • I used Wild Honey and Vintage Photo to do Her hair and Candied apple for the heart charm in her hair.
  • I used Faded Jeans to paint her pants and Candied Apple on her shirt and shoes. 
  • Her skin was painted with Spiced Marigold and Spun Sugar on her cheeks.
  • When I stamped the Banners I used Candies Apple to highlight the words " Smile and Mine."
  • Of course I had to add Jems because I love them :)
It felt summery just making it and the clouds turned out great! I hope you try this technique out with other projects. It's really easy and quick to do. Please remember to leave your blog address (if you haven't already) so that I can come visit you and become a follower. I would love to see what you are making and get the chance to be inspired by you! Thanks Everyone and have a blessed day!


I plan on entering this card into the following Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment