Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Waterfall Card

Hello Everyone, How are you holding up to the winter weather? It was -4 when I got up this morning. Usually we are in the 30's and the snow is melting by now. I can honestly say that I haven't seen a winter a strange as this one. The weather has been so unpredictable this year. Do you have big plans for Valentine's Day? I hope that Sunday is a special day for you and you have a lot of fun.
Sometime back I came across a scrapbook page layout that I saved because I am going to do it in the book I'm making about my mom's life. I's called the Waterfall Layout. A couple days ago a friend of mine posted a card with the same technique and with Valentine's Day around the corner I just had to make this card. I took several pictures of how it looks because I'm unable to post a video at this point. I will give you the whole layout tutorial after the pictures so you can make one of these amazing cards for your loved one, too.



I started by embossing a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock.
I cut the heart shaped paper 3" x 3 3/4"
I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it with Prisma Color Pencils. The yellow Jems were added for a touch of detail.



I cut three pieces of blue cardstock:
 3" x 4" (This will be the front of the card)
 3" x 3 1/2"
 3" x 3"
I stamped my sentiments on each piece and set them a side for later.

I cut a strip of cardstock 4" x 3/4" and added the same patterned paper to the cardstock. Lay this aside for right now.


You will cut a strip of cardstock 3" x 9 1/4" scoring this along the 9 1/4" side at 3", 3 3/4" and 4 1/2".
You will glue the decorative 4" strip to the 9 1/4" strip use a strong glue so it holds up to the weight of the card.






Now fold on the creases and fold so that the fold places the cardstock behind the decorative strip and attach the decorative strip to the embossed paper with brads. It needs to be something strong to hold everything in place when you pull out the waterfall portion of the card. 





The next step is to adhere the sentiment cards you  made earlier. Put your glue next to each score line. start at the 3" score line and adhere the 3" card stock. Above that adhere the 3 1/2" card and then adhere the 4" card to the very top. This will be the front of your card.

Now, take a whole punch and put a whole in the center of the cardstock hanging out of the bottom and add ribbon. By pulling the ribbon it will cause the card to fold upward and expose the card underneath and so on.

I chose to decorate the cardstock that gets exposed when you pull the ribbon down.

Here are some side views of the card:
I hope you've enjoyed this card and can understand what I was trying to show you. If you have any comments or question please leave them in the box below. I hope to see your waterfall cards in the future.Have a blessed day! HUGZ







No comments:

Post a Comment