Thursday, February 25, 2016

Always Celebrate the Little Things

Welcome Everyone, I want to share a slice of whats going on in my life right now. A few weeks ago we found out that my Dad has Pancreas Cancer. They did surgery and removed over half of his Pancreas and all of his Spleen. The tumor was way to big and they couldn't get it all. They said he has a 6% survival rate. He has been in horrible pain and very depressed. This has hit me so hard. I'm very close to my Dad and I can't imagine life without him. I tackle everything one day at a time. It feels like this just can't be real. Monday Dad saw the Oncologist and we received a touch of hope. The Doctor has him on a treatment plan starting with Chemo for seven weeks. He has increased the survival rate to 20%. We are doing our happy dance. I know it doesn't sound like much but at least its more than we had before. I made my card inspired by the way I feel about the news. I hope you like the card and remember life is short. Always celebrate the little things.

  • This is an Inkadinkado Stamp Set called Thought for the day. I felt this was perfect and would reflect how I feel.
  • I placed the sentiment in the center of my card and them placed the flowers and butterfly around it. Once I decided on my positions I stamped everything with Archival Ink.
  • I used Prisma Color Pencils to color the images. I used a white gel pen to add detail to the flowers.
  • I used a Tag Die to create the cut and adhered it to a bright Pink cardstock.
  • When everything was put together I added the music notes, Jems and Stickles for detail.
I hope you enjoyed the card. I shared my story because I want everyone to remember to stop at some point during your day and find one thing that you can feel happy about. Stop and enjoy it no matter how small it is. It's funny as you get older the little things are what leaves the biggest impression on us and are actually what we end up remembering. It's just a thought for today. HUGZ and Peace be with you as you finish your week.


No comments:

Post a Comment