Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Excellent Easter Chicks

Hello Everyone and Welcome pull up and chair and grab a cup of coffee, or tea. Today, I was thinking about my Grandchildren and the up coming Holiday. No not Valentine's Day...Easter. How does your family celebrate Easter? Do you have a big breakfast after Church, or maybe an Easter Egg Hunt with all of the children and then a brunch? For me and my Family its a special day. My three children come over with their spouses and all the Grandchildren, seven of them. We have a Brunch set out Buffet style so everyone can eat at their leisure. I stuff 120 eggs and hide them all over the house, outside if it's nice. I also make an Easter basket for all the grandchildren and I hide them, too. The kids have a blast trying to find them all. It's so much fun watching them scatter about and giggling the whole time. There have been so many years when an egg doesn't get found for months..lol I can't remember where I put all of them. I love watching the children and their happy faces. All of this made me dig out a stamp set I bought at Hobby Lobby for probably $1. I knew I had to make this card. I will be sending it to one of the grandchildren.

  • I stamped the image with archival ink. Then I pulled out my TH Distress inks and started painting.
  • Once I had the stamps painted the way I wanted I wet the paper and laid some pumice stone ink onto the ground and around the images.
  • I splattered black ink to make the gravel appearance along with Vintage Photo. 
  • For the grass I used mowed lawn and drew grass randomly around the card.
  • The Salty Ocean was perfect for the clouds masking technique. I used the mini inker to do this.
  • Mustard seed is the color of the sun. I just dabbed it on the mini ink pad and the rubbed it in a circular motion on to the sky.
  • I used a piece of Pink cardstock for the matting and then adhered it to an A2 size card.
  • The little banners are from a sentiment kit from last year. I just cut the ends to make the banner points.
  • The Pink and white thread was wrapped three times around the crease of the card and then tied into a bow.
I love this little stamp set by Prima. It not only has eggs in the basket but the Bible, too. All to often people are in a hurry to celebrate the holidays lately but forget what the Holiday is all about. You can't Have an Easter Celebration without acknowledging that it is about Jesus, his sacrifice and his rising. I Hope that your and your families Easter brings you Peace, Good Health and Happiness. HUGZ

I will be posting this in the following challenges:
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment