Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Don't Do As I Did, Do As I Say

With Spring in the air and all that comes with it I have had Mother's Day on my mind. I want to pass on a message and a lesson learned the hard way. Don't do as I did. Instead do as I say.... and here's why.....
       My Mom probably wasn't the type of Mother most of you had while growing up. We struggled for attention and approval from her. We didn't know any different and loved her anyway. As we grew older we all became more frustrated with the situation and we grew apart. I had the typical mother daughter relationship. It wasn't until she became ill that she realized what she had missed. All at once we became closer and developed a healthy adult relationship. I spent most of my days with my mom the last three years she was alive. It was the best three years of my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and miss her. Since mom passed away my sister and I have built a much stronger relationship and this is a great thing.
      I guess I'm saying don't do what I did and miss out on a life with your parent. Instead do as I say and cherish every day you can with them because someday they won't be here anymore. I don't usually make Mother's Day cards because she isn't here anymore. I make cards for my sister and my daughters. Today the card is for my sister. I Love Her So.

  • I water colored the image and adhered it to blue cardstock with blue Jem brads in the corner's.
  • I have been doing the 30 Day Coloring Challenge and Kathy says to outline with a light blue to make everything pop. I thought I would give it a try. What do you think?
  • The Sentiment is from Stampendous and its the Sisters Set I won a couple months ago. I'm in love with this set and I've used it a couple of times now.
  • I adhered everything to a A2 size card.
What do you think? does the blue make it pop and give it a fresh finished look? Let me know in the comment box below. Have a Great and Blessed Day Everyone! Hugz


I will be entering this into the following Challenges:
lil patch of crafty friends
polkadoodle
word art wednesday
lemon shortbread challenge
aliciabel challenge
digi stamps 4 joy

No comments:

Post a Comment