Friday, March 25, 2016

It's been a little busy






I've been a little busy and I haven't had a chance to visit my card friends lately. I haven't even made a card until last night for several days. I''m sorry for that and I'm going to ask for some patience and understanding. My Dad's health has taken a severe turn for the worst. He has Pancreas Cancer and he has been fighting a battle against it for 3 months now. It seems that the cancer is winning and we have been told to spend as much time as we can with him because it won't be long now.

I have sat with dad and had some really good visits. We have said the things we wanted to and now we just reminisce in our memories together. I've always been told that life is short and you better make sure you enjoy it while you can. Wow! Has that ever hit me hard this last week. I don't think a person is ever ready to lose a parent. We always think we have more time. In our daily lives we rush about thinking...I will try to stop by and visit them tomorrow, or next week. Dad has been retired for 4 yrs now and there are things he wanted to do but thought...maybe tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year... "He says don't put things off anymore Julie. Go do them while you can." Wise words of wisdom from a dying man. One of the other things he has taught me is that we are not here to judge other's for the things they say and do. That's God's job. He says "besides that, you never know what is going on in a person's life to make them the way they are, or say and do the things they do. Just except them for who they are." and I tend to think he is right. I leave you on these thoughts and share a card I made for him last night.
I made this for Dad because his favorite place to be is out fishing on a lake and in the river. I wanted him to have a picture of one of his favorite places to look at while he is in the Hospital. I'm not going to do a tutorial on this one right now. If your interested in all the how to information just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment