Monday, March 14, 2016

Oh How Lovely

Good Monday Morning Everyone. I hope you had a great weekend! Do you have a farm in your past? Or, maybe you live on a farm right now? Did you raise chickens and other farm animals? Were you involved in the 4H Club? What Life lessons did you learn from all of this? My Neighbors have decided to raise chickens and I'm so excited about it! I used to help my Grandma collect eggs and feed the chickens on the farm when I was a young girl. Seeing these baby chicks has brought back such fond memories. We live in a Suburb and we weren't allowed to raise chickens until recently. It has become very popular lately. Some of them raise the chickens for the pet quality and a piece from their past on a farm. Others are raising them for show and get involved in the fairs. They are teaching their children through the 4H Clubs and allowing them to understand the importance of team work and responsibilities for another life. Whatever the reason I'm all for it! Spending so much time on the farm as a child taught me so many life long lesson's. With all of this on my mind this weekend I felt this image was perfect for my card today.

The image was provided by Cute As A Button for a Progressive Facebook Challenge.




  • I painted the image using water colors and Distress Inks. 
  • The image is outlined with a light blue marker so that it had a more finished fresh look.
  • I painted parts of a second image for her fingers and the watermelon. I fussy cut it out and adhered it to the image with foam tape for dimension. 
  • I added Glossy Accents to the watermelon for a little bit of detail.
  • The Die is a Rectangle Die set from Gina Marie Designs. 
  • I adhered everything to my background and onto a A2 size card.
  • The sentiment is a tag from my stash. I added Jems for some sparkle.
  • The slice of watermelon in the corner of the card is from a cupcake. I cut the stem off and adhered it to the card.


I hope you like the card! I encourage you to visit Cute As A Button with the link above. Her images a so cute and she takes the time to add a lot of detail to her images. I love reading your comments so please feel free to let me know what you think in the boxes below. Have a Great Day! HUgz

I will be entering this in the following Challenges:


No comments:

Post a Comment