Friday, April 29, 2016

My Granddaughter and I :)

Hello Everyone and Welcome! We are kicking off another Festive Friday's Challenge at the Outlawz.ning.com this week. We have four fun and Festive Holiday's we chose as our Theme's for this weeks Challenge You can chose one or more of these theme's for inspiration on your project. The Holiday Theme's are International Dance Day, National Oatmeal Cookie Day, International Baby Day, National Firefighters Day. I hope you get a chance to stop by and see the Design Team's inspirational projects.

Our Sponsor is:

Hello Everyone, Today I am going to do something different. I am doing a Project for International Baby Day. I am going to share a set of scrapbook pages I made for my Granddaughter, Layla's, scrapbook. I am trying to make a scrapbook for each of the grandkids showing memories of their first year. It's been a struggle because I have seven Grandchildren now. These pages are special to me because they showcase the very first time she slept over night at my house. All of my grandchildren call me Nana. I love that they call me this. It is what we called my Paternal Grandmother. I have lots to show you so we better get this party started!

The Theme is Layla and I and "Sugar and spice and everything nice."




 I used cardstock for the background from Nana's Kitchen Stack by DCWV. I used a second piece from the same book and cut two strips 3" wide. I used one piece on the top of the first page and the other across the bottom of the second page. I matted all of the pictures on a some cardstock I had in my stash






I used the Baby Steps Cricut cartridge to make the babies and the crib. The large Grandma sayings are on vellum and tacked down over card stock from Nana's Kitchen Stack.






I found little buttons that were different baby items and used them in several spots throughout the two pages. I found a cute little set of letters and numbers that matched perfectly. Sometimes you just get lucky! :)







I found the 3D sticker and Thought it fit so well with the theme of the pages so I had to add it in.



I sure hope you enjoyed the scrapbook pages. I know that some people add a lot more to their pages but I don't like the clutter. It draws away from the pictures and just looks like a mess to me. I guess I'm kinda Clean and Simple...Have a Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment